Watch the Latest Result of Entry Test M.Phil/Ph.D Fall 2016
Institute of Chemistry was established under the name of University Chemical
Laboratories in June, 1923. The building was designed in Indo-Saracenic
style. The opening ceremony was performed by Sir E.D. MaClagan, the then
Governor of the Punjab and Chancellor of the University on 22nd March, 1924. It
was the first discipline in science that was started at the University. The
Institute had a leading role in teaching and research before independence.